Frequently Asked Questions
supplies that come with some of our soundbars under both the Klipsch and Energy brands. The AC power supply
affected is a separate box with a detachable cord that plugs into a standard AC outlet and another cord, fixed to the
AC power supply, which attaches to the rear of the actual soundbar. Depending upon the sequence in which the
bar is plugged into power, both the bar and the AC power supply will appear to not have power. This issue only
occurs when the soundbar and AC power supply are plugged into an AC outlet, either for the first time or after being
disconnected from an AC wall outlet. This specifically has to do with a protection circuit that may inadvertently
activate and shut the AC power supply off, thus preventing it from sending power to the bar.
There is nothing wrong with the bar or the AC power supply – the AC power supply just needs to be reset.
Here is the step-by-step procedure for resetting the AC power supply in order to get it and the soundbar to power on:
1. Plug the DC end of the power supply into the DC Input on back of the soundbar.
2. Unplug the AC power cord from the AC Outlet OR unplug the AC power cord from the AC power supply.
3. Turn the Main Power ON/Off switch on the back of the soundbar to the “ON” position.
4. Wait for about 10-20 minutes. This allows enough time for the protection circuit in the AC power supply to reset.
5. After 10-20 minutes have elapsed, plug the AC power cord into the wall or plug the AC power cord back into the AC power supply
The bar should now have power and be working OK. If the soundbar needs to be unplugged for any reason again,
unplug it from the AC Outlet OR unplug the AC power cord from the AC power supply FIRST (before disconnecting
the AC power supply from the soundbar) and then, when re-plugging it back, plug into an AC Outlet OR plug the AC
power cord back into the AC power supply LAST (after connecting the AC power supply to the soundbar).