- Disconnect the internet cable from your computer (if one is connected) Plug in the G-17 Air. The Wireless Button LED will show Red then blink Blue rapidly for 25 seconds. Once it is flashing Blue slowly, go to Step 2.
- To access the G-17 Air connect mode, push and hold the Wireless Button until the LED turns Purple and release. It will flash Purple rapidly for 30 seconds. Once flashing Purple slowly, go to Step 3.
- Open the Wireless Connection Utility on your PC or Mac to look for available networks. Klipsch G-17 Air Setup should be present. (If it has not appeared on the list, click refresh to update the list of available networks.) Select the Klipsch_G-17_AirSetup and click connect (Figure 1.) Once the LED turns solid Purple, go to Step 4.
- Open your Internet browser (Internet Explorer®, Firefox®, Safari®, etc.) and type in the IP address: http://192.168.1.12 in the address bar and hit “Enter” (Figure 2), go to Step 5.
- Once you have entered the IP address, a setup screen from the Klipsch G-17 Air will appear in your browser (Figure 3). If you wish to change the name of the Klipsch G-17 Air to something else, you may type in your selected name in the “AirPlay Device Name” box and click “Apply”. Whatever name you choose, that name will appear in iTunes or on your compatible iOS Device as the option to connect to in order to wirelessly stream your music to the G-17 Air. After clicking “Apply”, click on “Network Configuration” in the left bar to return to the original page, go to Step 6.
- Go to the “Airplay Wireless LAN Settings” area of the screen and select your wireless network from the drop down box next to “Service Set ID (SSID)” or select to enter it manually if you do not see it or it is not being broadcast (Figure 4), go to Step 7.
- Once you select your wireless network, you will be prompted to enter the password for your wireless network if one is required, go to Step 8 8. Once you have entered your password click “Apply”, a screen will appear stating “Warning, incorrect parameters about to change settings” (wording varies depending on use of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.). Click OK, go to Step 9. 9. Your G-17 Air will automatically restart after completing Step
- Once you have entered your password click “Apply”, a screen will appear stating “Warning, incorrect parameters about to change settings” (wording varies depending on use of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.). Click OK, go to Step 9.
- Your G-17 Air will automatically restart after completing Step 8. When the wireless connect button displays solid Blue, your G-17 Air has successfully connected to your wireless network. If the wireless connect button continues to blink Blue, please perform steps 1-8 again. If you are still having problems, please refer to the troubleshooting section or call Klipsch customer service at 1-800-KLIPSCH.
- Re-connect to your wireless network if you are not automatically re-connected. Re-connect your LAN cable if you disconnected it at the start of this setup.
You have now connected your Klipsch G-17 Air to your wireless network. Each time you turn it on, it will automatically connect to your network!
- G17AirQuickStartGuide.pdf (1.6 mb)