THX® certification is a quality standard set and granted by Lucasfilm Ltd. (one of George Lucas' companies). Basically, THX® certification ensures high quality sound reproduction by enforcing strict standards of performance and acoustic measurement. This means the sound you hear is virtually identical to how it was mastered in the studio. Go to www.thx.com to learn more.
Articles in this section
- Surround 3 Speaker Stand Recommendation
- Mastercraft Speakers
- Maximize Your iPod®/MP3 Listening Experiences
- What does "IMG" stand for?
- What is the purpose of the auxiliary input?
- The Dope from Hope
- What are the different types of surround speakers available and what are the differences?
- What does THX® certification mean?
- What is the rear center channel for and what type of speaker should I use?
- Speaker Sensitivity